An App is now available on the Apple App Store to enable you to record your bicycle Ride Logs directly from your iPhone and add them to the Williamsburg Area Bicyclists website without the need to login every time or use your computer.
To use this new App, do the following:
- From your iphone App Store icon, search for "ridelogs".
- Touch "GET" (the app is free).
- After it is downloaded, touch "OPEN".
- Touch "Settings" at the bottom of the screen.
- Set "Upload to Server" to Yes.
- This will take you to a screen to enter your Username and Password. Enter your WAB website username and password and select Williamsburg Area Bicyclists as your website.
- Touch "Save"
- Now to record just your distance and date - Select Ride Logs from the bottom of the screen, then touch the "New" plus sign icon in top right.
- Enter your distance and select Ride Date. Optionally, enter your Avg Speed and any Ride Notes.
- Touch the "Save" icon in top right.
This will upload your milage to the WAB website. Now anytime you want to add more mileage, all you have to do is steps 8 - 10. You won't have to enter your Username/Password again!
You can also use the Ridelogs app to track your entire bicycle ride with the iPhone GPS. To do that (assuming you've already done steps 1-7 above).
- When you are ready to start recording, touch the "Track" icon at bottom.
- Touch the "Start" icon.
- When you are done with your ride, touch "Finish" and then "Save".
This will create a track. Now to convert the track into a Ride Log:
- From the Tracks screen, touch the Track you would like to make a Ride Log
- Then from the View Track screen, touch "Log" on the top right part of screen.
- Enter any optional Ride Notes, and then touch the Save icon.
Let me know if any questions and please let me know if you encounter any problems.